Senior Data & Analytics Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Analytics and Data Engineer to help bring data insights to everything we do at Flickr. You will work end-to-end from logging events, transforming and modeling massive amounts of data, to generating reports, tools and visualizations. Collaborate with Product Managers, Business Analysts, and Engineering to harness every nugget of data in Flickr – for the sake of business and product insight and to make drastic improvements to Flickr.
You should be detail oriented and obsessed with data quality. Huge data scale should excite you – Flickr has over 7 billion photos and 20 billion requests per month. Deep knowledge of either web analytics and web logging or large-scale backend data pipelining and dimensional modeling is a must. A demonstrated passion to broaden your analytics process purview will create an incredible growth opportunity for you and will make this the best job you’ve ever had.
You should have:
- A CS degree (BSc or MSc) or equivalent
- Extensive experience with Java or C++, Python or PHP, and shell scripting (this is a coding position)
- 10+ years experience in data analytics and dimensional modeling and / or large-scale data processing (ETL)
- Strong experience with RDBMS systems (ideally MySQL)
- Experience with web analytics
- A solid understanding of Hadoop
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience of thriving when working across disciplines
- Academic and / or work background in statistics, math or science
- Experience with R
- Engineering management experience
- Hive / HBase experience
This position is a regular/full time position and based in our San Francisco office.