About London and UK riots
Monday 8 August saw the third night of rioting in London with violence and looting spreading to Birmingham, Bristol and Liverpool.
This group is the place to share your images of the impact the riots have had on where you live, from the damage caused to the clean-up taking place.
- What damage has been done to local buildings and businesses?
- How are people coping with the riots and aftermath?
Please try to give an idea of what is shown in your picture, when it was taken - without identifying any details about your own address or putting yourself at risk.
We want to create a map of these images on Guardian.co.uk so please geotag your images - if you don't know how to do that, here's how:
1) The easiest way to add a location to your image is after you have uploaded it to your Flickr account. When looking at an individual image, click the option to the right of the image that says "add to your map". Then simply drag the bullseye to the exact location where the image was taken. Alternatively, type a location into the search box and let them find it for you. Bingo! You're image has a location.
2) Many mobile phones now allow users to add location data when the photo is actually taken. Often this involves going to the "settings" menu and instructing the phone to record location. If you decide to remotely upload the images, make sure you have this setting activated on your Flickr account.
• Note: you can tell whether or not an image has location details by looking at your photostream: if the image details include the "map" option next to the "uploaded on..." details, your image has geo-data, and can be added to our group!
If you are having trouble uploading your pictures, you can email laura.oliver [at] guardian.co.uk and we can upload them for you.
We'll feature some of the pictures from the group on guardian.co.uk and maybe in other formats, e.g. our newspapers. By posting your pictures here you a) acknowledge that you have created the pictures or have permission to do so; and b) grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, free licence to publish your pictures as described. Copyright resides with you and you may reuse your pictures however you wish. You will be credited and paid if we make other uses of your pictures.
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Photos / Videos
- Screenshots / Screencasts
- Illustration/Art / Animation/CGI
- Accepted safety levels: