About The Storytellers (Post 1, WRITE for 2: READ THE RULES)
Every picture tells a story, be it the artist's tale or the story the viewer first imagines when they see the picture. In this group, we tell these stories, we tell why the picture might exist, from whatever point of view we wish, with whatever characters we envision, with whatever plot fits the bill, real... or imagined.
Please note: This group is about writing, only join if you have an interest in writing! Please read the rules. Members who post pictures and do not write stories will have their pictures deleted! Multiple offenses will mean removal from the group completely, with no warnings!!!! Okay, phew... glad that's out of the way! Thanks.
March 8, 2007: UPDATED RULES... Please read!!
RULES AND PROCEDURES (PLEASE READ IT ALL):
1. Copy and paste this link before your story:
<a href="http://flickr.com/groups/thestorytellers/">The Storytellers</a>
2. Post one picture, whether you want to include a story for your own picture is optional. You do not have to post a picture to write a story, but you do have to write stories if you want to post pictures!
3. WRITE A FICTIONAL STORY FOR ANY TWO PICTURES IN THE POOL, THREE SENTENCE MINIMUM.
4. Add a tag to each picture you write a story for. Your tag should be a machine tag, formed like this thestorytellersgroup:author=yourname. (See PhotoGraham's explanation of these tags). If you wish, you can also post a link in your description of your posted picture to the two stories you write.
It's that easy. Please follow these rules!!
You can post any kind of picture you want in this group, but try to post picture that are inspiring. I know that's kind of a loaded gun saying that, but we don't want any limitations. We will however keep this group from becoming something it's not intended to be.
THIS IS NOT A RATINGS GROUP!
Also, FEEL FREE TO WRITE STORIES FOR AS MANY PICTURES IN THE GROUP YOU WANT, you don't have to post a picture to do so. In fact, writing stories is ENCOURAGED, it's what this group is about! However IF YOU DO POST A PICTURE, PLEASE FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE ABOVE!!
Challenges to come.... We will also be posting some challenges to those of you who like to have more of a challenge in your writing. Initially, the challenges will be to write stories for pictures that haven't had a story written for yet. Later there will be challenges, where either a character or plot element must be included in your story. So... keep checking back... and keep writing and posting!
credits: The new group icon, and logo you see above was designed and created by ~ Julian, with inspiring photography provided by clarity25
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
Members can post 1 thing to the pool each day.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Photos / Videos
- Screenshots / Screencasts
- Illustration/Art / Animation/CGI
- Accepted safety levels: