About Textures for Layers
Textures for Layers is all about sharing textures and the techniques for using them. Membership is open to everyone who has an visible, active* photostream with at least two original photos or photo-based images. Pornographers and hate-mongers need not apply. *Active means the latest post can be no more than 3 months old.
USEFUL LINKS: ANNOUNCEMENTS •• CHALLENGES •• FAQ •• GALLERY •• GALLERY 2 •• GALLERY 3 •• GALLERY 4 •• MY FIRST ATTEMPT #3 •• REQUESTS •• QUESTIONS •• SHOW & TELL THREADS •• TUTORIALS •• WELCOME! •• WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? •• WHAT IS A TEXTURE?
TOP SEARCHES: Bokeh •• Clouds •• Crinkle •• Grunge ••Paper •• Scratch •• Stone •• TTV •• Vintage •• Writing
TOP MEMBER SEARCHES: borealnz •• boccacino •• Crowolf •• Ghostbones •• klsanderson •• les brumes •• Nesster •• pareeerica •• Paul Grand •• Skeletal Mess •• Telzey
With thousands of textures available for your use, we need a better way to navigate. Obviously, these page links won't always bring you to the same place but now you can explore!
10 •• 20 •• 30 •• 40 •• 50 •• 60 •• 70 •• 80 •• 90 •• 100 •• 110 •• 120 •• 130 •• 140 •• 150 •• 160 •• 170 •• 180 •• 190 •• 200 •• 210 •• 220 •• 230 •• 240 •• 250 •• 260 •• 270 •• 280 •• 290 •• 300 •• 310 •• 320 •• 330 •• 340 •• 350 •• 360 •• 370 •• 380 •• 390 •• 400 •• 410 •• 420 •• 430 •• 440 •• 450 •• 460 •• 470 •• 480 ••
Our icon this week is a gorgeous texture donated by Nasos3
Be sure to check out his photostream!
Congratulations to our latest CHALLENGE WINNERS!
"horses in the meadow" by Muffet
"A Boy and His Dog" by Hank Conner
#100 -MISTY TREES
"New moon rising over rustic landscape" by acire111
#99 - PARIS CLOCKS
"Montmarte Clocks" by Hank Conner
Please copy and paste the text below when you comment.
Thanks for sharing with us! Seen in <b><a href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/textures4layers/">Textures for Layers</a></b>
It will look like this:
Thanks for sharing with us! Seen in Textures for Layers
• In order to join you must have an visible, current* photostream with at least two (2) photos, plain or manipulated. A textures-only stream does not count, nor does a CGI-only stream. *Current means the latest post can be no more than 3 months old.
• All textures donated to this group must be FREE to use. Our group rider is: "This texture is free to use in your personal or commercial work, but you may not reshare, distribute, or claim/imply it to be your own." By submitting to Textures for Layers, you are bound by this agreement.
• We accept textures with the following licenses:
Copyright/All Rights Reserved — which state that the texture is free &/or bear the group's tags
Creative Commons: Attribute
CC: Non-commercial and CC: Share Alike must bear the tag "T4L-Agree" with the understanding that this tag will (within this group) override your stated license with our rider. A tutorial has been provided to show you how to make the changes easily using "Organizer."
• We do not permit any textures with restrictive riders such as: insisting on editorial rights over a finished image, or insisting that a texture be faved to be used. You may request a link back and/or that a user post their finished piece, but in no way are these requests manditory. Giving credit is polite and, in the case of CC:Attribute necessary.
• Donated textures must be the sole creation of the poster (no derivatives) and at least 1000 pixels on a shortest side. No signatures or watermarking.
• Texture files must reside on Flickr. No off-Flickr links.
• Acceptance of a texture is at the discretion of the Admin team. Please respect their decisions.
• Always ask before starting a new discussion or posting a new tutorial.
• We'd love to see what you're doing! Please add small versions of your finished images to our latest Show & Tell thread -and- post to Noise, Texture, and Layer Results.
• Stealing, in any form, will not be tolerated. Do not share (or reshare) of what you do not own. No harvesting of textures for sale, or for posting off-site. Anyone found breaking this rule will be banned and reported to both Flickr and Yahoo without prior warning.
• No sassing or blocking any member of the administration. It takes a lot of work to run this group. Be polite and we'll all have fun!
Man Ray -- Surrealistic goodness!
Das Kabinett -- work influenced by German Expressionist films
B-Square -- for the little square in everyone
Strange Vintage Fictions -- See it and believe ....
The Complete Herbal -- a square herbal dictionary
Moonscape -- All the manipulated phases of the moon
Wasn't the Future Wonderful? -- Retro science fiction
Hotel Eden -- work influenced by the great American surrealist Joseph Cornell
House of Labyrinthian Layers and Distorted Timeshifts -- Mark Danielewski fans unite!
Through the Telescope -- near or far
Man Ray Gallery -- One man shows in the finest surrealist tradition.
Das Kabinett Gallery -- One man shows in the German expressionist vein.
Textures for Layers -- share and learn to use textures
Noise & Dust Through The Viewfinder -- TTV heaven
Objects for Layers
But wait, there's more!
The Dictionary of Image -- Putting words to pictures has never been so much fun ... or so addictive!
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
Members can post 3 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Accepted safety levels: