About SLW: April 2006-Jan 2009 Challenges
Still Life With Challenges are now Still Life With Photo Remakes! If you are looking for a new way to work on your food photography, come on over.
Jan 09: Complete Proteins
Dec 08: Food for a Cause
Nov 08: Back to Black
Sept & Oct 08: Dinner for One
July & Aug 08: Dirty Dishes
June 08: Market to Table Diptychs
May 08: Foodie Free for All
April 08: Food & Travel
March 08: Eggs
February 08: Food & You
January 08: Cheers!
December 07: Reflection
November 07: Share & Share Alike
October 07: Plate it Up!
September 07: Room for Food
August 07: Two Thousand Words (diptychs)
June & July 07: Everyone's A Critic
May 07: May Flowers & Other Garnishes
April 07: Think Pink!
March 07: Who Inspires You?
February 07: Splish-Splash, Drip Drop
January 07: White
December 06: Tradition
November 06: Fall
October 06: Play with Your Food
September 06: To Go
August 06: People & Food
July 06: Sugar
June 06: Food in Black & White
May 06: Better than the NYT
April 06: Macro Month
Curious as to what this group is all about?
This group is a learning group for folks interested in Food Photography. Each month, we'll host a challenge based on a theme. Those themes may be a specific food type, a photography style (like macro), or even a photo editing technique. There are no winners... just feedback, positive and negative for those who add their photos to the group.
There are only a few rules that you should be aware of:
1. All photos must be food related. Any non-food related photos will be deleted. (Food related does include beverages, tools in the kitchen, etc.)
2. If a photo doesn't represent the theme for the time period it was submitted, it may be deleted.
3. No more than 3 photos per member per theme, please. If you mess up, and need to add more than three just remove one of your earlier postings.
4. If you don't want feedback, don't submit your photo. Feedback may be critical, but that's how we learn.
5. No rude feedback. Critical is good, obnoxious doesn't help anyone.
6. It's more fun if you take the photo during the time period of the challenge. I won't be deleting any photos taken earlier, but the spirit of this is to get you practicing and taking more photos.
OK. That was more than a few. Oops. But, hopefully, that answers most of your questions.
By the way... photos added to this group may be displayed on the Still Life With... food photography blog! They will always link back to the original photos. If you don't want them to be used, please don't add them to this group.
If you have others, or have suggestions, do send them my way!
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
- Uploads to the group pool have been disabled.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Accepted safety levels: