About Spectacular Animals-Invite Only-Vote for April's Best
The Photo of the Day for May 22, 2013 is from PelicanPete
You can see past selections in the Photo of the Day: May, 2013 thread.
The Icon of the Week is from Birdguy200
You can see past selections in the Group Icon Contest Hall of Fame thread.
Winning Photos From March 2013's Photo of the Month Contest
Common Kingfisher II from BorisWorkshop
Robberfly from Rebel's Photography
160 from Les Piccolo
The 2011 Photo of the Year Winners are:
The night to come.. by hvhe1
There was a tie for second place:
黃胸青鶲 Ficedula hyperythra by Afi100494875
Moving Day by C.R. Courson
**Libelloides coccajus** by coach48
Our goal: Gathering together some of the most spectacular animal photos displayed on Flickr and in the process making the photographers feel 'special' seeing that their work is admired enough for a special invitation!
This is a group where photos are posted by invitation only, so please only post a photo to the group if it has been invited.
We use Group Moderation. When you add a photo to the group, it goes into a queue until a moderator accepts or denies it. Uninvited photos will be denied from the pool without notice. Repeat offenders may be banned from the group. If your photo is denied for another reason, you should receive an email from an admin.
Photos must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this group:
1) An animal must be the main subject and focus of the photo and must be alive. It may be eating a dead animal. It must be apparent that it is a photo of an animal.
2) Images must be of a good quality and sharp focus; clarity of the image is an essential element. Generally, the image should have an interesting composition and good pose. Even if an animal is endangered or unique, the image must still be of good quality and the animal the main focus.
3) We do not accept silhouettes or heavily Photoshoped images. Acceptable images will be determined by the administrators.
4) The photo must be of a non-domesticated animal.
5) The photo cannot be a photo or scan of a painting, sculpture, etc. It must be a photo that you have taken. Anyone posting someone else's photo to the group will be banned from the group.
6) Since this is a public group, please avoid extreme violence, human nudity, etc.
7) Photos may be rejected if they are in bad taste, are inappropriate for the group, or are not of high enough quality.
If three or more co-administrators deem a photo to be less than world class, it will be denied entrance in the pool. If you have had a photo declined, please accept the fact that not all photos nominated will receive admittance into the pool.
A few general rules:
1. Uninvited images will not be accepted. Repeat offenders will be banned from the group.
2. Do not block an Admin; this will result in being banned from the group.
3. Once an invited image has been accepted to the pool, don't delete it to then try and add it again so it keeps appearing on the first page. The image will be removed and the member banned at the discretion of the administrators
To join Spectacular Animals:
1) Click on the "Join this group?" link above. This will open an email to send to the administrators of the group.
2) In your message to the administrators, please include a link to an invited photo.
3) You will receive an email saying that you are now a member of the group.
To post a photo:
1) You need to be a member of the group to post a photo. See the previous item on how to join.
2) Post only photos that have been invited to this group by another member.
3) Please add the tag SpecAnimal to your photo.
4) Please comment on at least two (2) photos that are already in this group.
Inviting other people's photos to the group:
1) Please invite other people's outstanding animal photos to the group by copying and pasting the following to their comments section:
I really like your animal photo!
You are invited to post this photo to <b>Spectacular Animals, invite only</b>
Please add the tag <b>SpecAnimal</b> to your photo
<i>Please include a link to the photo when applying for group membership.</i>
2) Add a Fave to the photo.
When you comment on a photo in Spectacular Animals.
When you add a comment to someone else's photo, please copy this to the comment box:
<i>Seen in <a href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/spectacular_animals/">Spectacular Animals</a></i>.
Gypsy Flores Photography
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
Members can post 5 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Accepted safety levels: