8,755 items |
Only members can add to the pool. Join?
Angie C (a group admin) says:
25 Aug 12 - Wanted to re-emphasize that it is a requirement that you label each item in your title or description, as well as tag your photos with "Scavenger Hunt 101" and the item number in the following format "sh 45." Photos are subject to deletion if they are not properly labled. Remember everybody all photos for Scavenger Hunt 101 should be taken after you join. The hunt begins the day you join.
36 posts | Only members can post. Join?
About Scavenger Hunt 101
Complete this scavenger hunt by taking a photo of each item on the list. There are 100 items, plus a final self-portrait (#101). You must submit a separate photo for each item. Your Self -portrait must be your final photo. The rest, however, you can take in an order you wish.
This is meant to be fun & challenging. I foresee an approximately one year time-table for completion, because some items are seasonal. Take your time and build a collection you can be proud of. Creative thinking is encouraged, but no substitutions. Part of the idea here is to try new things, so branch out and try to use different photography styles -- take a picture you normally wouldn't.
The items were chosen on a whim by me & my husband. For consistancy's sake, they will not be changed.
1. You must submit one photo per item. One photo cannot represent multiple items.
2. The photo must be of the assigned item, no subsitutions are allowed. However, creative thinking is encouraged.
3. The list item number and description must be in the title and/or the description
4. Tag each item with "Scavenger Hunt 101" and the item number in the following format "sh 38".
(for an example of appropriate tagging/labeling go here.)
5. The Self Portrait must be your final photo (#101), the rest can be taken out of order.
6. All photos must be taken after you have joined the group. No archival photos allowed.
7. All photos must be your own. This means you must be the one to press the shutter release button.
8. Photo-shopping is allowed.
9. No nudity (It just makes the group easier to administer & makes it more apealling to a wider audience).
1. Boat without a motor
2. Home of a non-human creature
3. A flag other than your native country's
7. A puddle
8. An abandoned building/ruin
9. A junk car
10. An extravagant food
11. A handmade for sale sign
12. A cliche
13. Someone wearing polka dots
14. A locally owned store (non-chain)
15. A toy
16. A cat
18. A child laughing
19. Inside a foreign food restaurant
20. A beach
21. A flying machine
22. Your bed
23. A flower
24. A map
25. An extravagant drink
26. A car with a flat tire
27. A live performance
28. An absurd predicament
29. A motorcycle
30. A person having a bad hair day
33. A locally owned restaurant (non-chain)
34. A police car
35. Your Vacuum or Broom
36. Someone meditating or praying
37. A work of art
38. A national holiday celebration (a holiday that celebrates a nation, such as 4th of July or Canada Day)
39. Your favorite food
41. Someone you love
42. A tattoo
43. A sporting event
44. A knick-knack / bric-a-brac
45. A fish
46. An ambulance
47. A place of worship
48. The tallest building in your town/village/city
49. Your favorite color
50. Somewhere you feel uncomfortable
51. A commercial truck
53. An insect or arachnid
54. A stamp
55. Someone with bare feet
56. A bookshelf
57. Something that represents your country or region
59. A billboard/sign
60. A bridge
61. The utilization of an alternative energy source
62. A public display of affection
63. A kitchen appliance
64. A water source
65. A bicycle
66. A dog
67. Barbequed or grilled food
68. Something rusty
69. A beast of burden
70. Construction equipment
72. A fire engine
74. Food growing
75. Your most comfortable place to sit
78. A musical instrument
79. An exotic animal (use your judgment)
80. Your favorite shade-tree
81. The place where you bathe
82. A statue
83. Your camera
84. The place where you eat most your meals
85. Your favorite pastime/hobby/interest
86. A shadow
87. An interesting sky
88. A license plate
89. A tool
90. A road sign
91. Something dirty (as in a "white horse fell in the mud" not sexual)
92. Something clean (as in "it got washed off again" not sexual)
93. A train
94. An interesting or unusual rock
95. A traffic signal/a traffic control device
96. An interesting view
97. A method of communication
98. Your favorite article of clothing
99. A child crying
100. A funny hat
101. A self portrait (must be final submission)
Please see The discussion on #55 for an important warning.
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
Members can post 10 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Accepted safety levels: