About Re-Picture Australia
Picture Australia is calling all image makers to Re-Picture Australia! We have a selection of public domain images from our participants, ready for you to download, mash-up and reload with new meaning into Picture Australia via this Flickr group. Artworks licensed with a suitable Creative Commons, may be included in the Canberra Contemporary Art Space (CCAS) online exhibition later in 2009.www.ccas.com.au/
Access public domain images from our participants, ready for you to download, mash-up and reload with new meaning into Picture Australia via this group. Please read the Re-Picture Australia instructions for more information.
- Your artwork must include at least one of the historical images provided by our participants
- You must own the rights to any additional media included in your artwork.
- If you are using the images provided by the participants for the Re-Picture Australia project, you are expected to share your artwork with Picture Australia through the Flickr group.
- The high resolution images are being made available for the Re-Picture Australia project only, if you wish to publish these images, please contact the relevant participant for permission.
Picture Australia prefers our Flickr contributors to comply with the Flickr guidelines.
We also ask you to flag your new artwork with the ‘illustration’ content filter as this is a condition set by Flickr for non-photographic material. For more information, please see the Flickr FAQ on content filters
Group Tagging and Titling guidelines
All art works submitted to this group require a title and must include a list of the public domain images incorporated in the mash-up. For your convenience we have included a citation link below each public domain image, from which you can copy and paste into your tags or description.
To keep multiple words as one tag, use quotation marks, for example: “Opera House” rather than Operahouse (as you can see below)
Search Picture Australia for opera house.
Search Picture Australia for operahouse.
Please read the instructions for individual participation on Picture Australia.
If you would like to see your artwork in Picture Australia:
Allow one week for your images to enter Picture Australia. Go to the Advanced Search page and either enter the image caption in the 'exact phrase' box, or your name (as it appears on your Flickr profile page) using the 'taken or made by' box.
Creative Commons Licences:
While this is not a condition for contributing to this group, we suggest you consider licensing your images with a Creative Commons licence like “Attribution-NonCommercial”. You can find further details about the six Creative Commons licences on the Flickr Creative Commons page.
To have your images considered for acquisition by a Picture Australia contributor:
- include detailed captions, descriptions and tags;
- upload high resolution images e.g. 2500 x 1900 pixels;
- allocate a creative commons or all rights reserved licence;
- include alternative contact details or check Flickr mail regularly.
For example, the National Library of Australia regularly checks the Picture Australia groups for documentary images. It then approaches the photographer to determine whether there is interest in having the image added to the national collection. The Flickr images acquired by the Library will be preserved in its Picture Collection in perpetuity.
If you would like more information, please email Picture Australia
By adding your photo to this group, you are giving Picture Australia staff permission to display your photo on the Picture Australia website, and if your image use licence permits, in the Picture Australia promotional video, which will be publicly screened during the Vivid National Photography Festival in 2008.
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
- Uploads to the group pool have been disabled.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Accepted safety levels: