About this group »
About Rate My Portrait ( Score 6 - Post 1)
Score, and preferably critique, to explain how you arrived at that score, the first six portraits in the pool using the Official Rating Code immediately below. Employ the [Official] Detailed Guide to Scoring , and the [Official] Critique Etiquette Guidelines. Then post your photo to get rated.
=== Rate My Portrait ===Official Rating Code (ORC) ======== copy and paste below this line ===
Score __ / 100 from the <b> <a href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/ratemyportrait/">Rate My Portrait [5:1]</a> </b> group. <a href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/ratemyportrait">
<img src="http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2616/3890460820_591807a245_o.jpg" /></a>
=== Rate My Portrait ===Rating Code Use Mandatory ======== copy and paste above this line ===
Score _XX_ / 100 from the Rate My Portrait [5:1] group.
<= Your rating code will look like this.
Critique expounding on how you arrived at your score is not mandatory; but it is often appreciated by the photographer.
Photos scoring an average of 70 points or higher are eligible for feature threads.
Re-scores are available, if desired.
Know the Rules. There are several features outlined there you can benefit from knowing. Correct posting and rating etiquette is also outlined. Deviations may result in photo removal. Not rating may result in membership revocation or banning. Reinstatement is provided for. See Rule 4.
IF SOMEONE DOESN'T RATE "Did Not Rate" (dnc) Icon
If you observe a photographer that submitted a photo without rating any others, place the following code on their photo.
<a href=http://www.flickr.com/groups/ratemyportrait/rules/><img src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7009/6629384493_2645ed9d02_o.png" width="255" height="86"></a>
It will look like this:
If You See This Icon on Someone's Photo
- Don't rate that photo. Skip it and continue rating as if it didn't exist.
- You may place another one of these did-not-rate icons on it if you find that they still did not meet their rating obligation.
If You Get This Icon On Your Photo
Immediately fulfill your rating obligation, then contact the person who placed the icon on your photo, and an admin, via flickrmail. Advise them you rated, and request them to verify and remove the dnr icon. Removal of that icon without rating will likely get you banned. Your rights to request make-up ratings or use the Missing Rating Thread for that photo are forfeit. If you are banned and wish reinstatement, proceed to Rule 4.
More Detailed Key to Scores
FEATURED PHOTOS ...... Sum the scores your photo's received. See details in threads.
The Hall of Fame (88 to 100)...........Silver Hall (80 to 88)...........Bronze Hall (70 to 80)
- This is a scoring group. Photographers that submit here are asking for honest critical opinion of their work.
- Thoughtfully critiquing photographs is one of the best ways to improve your own photography.
- We value open minded honest discussion. Honest doesn't mean rude or insulting.
- A photographer may ask a scorer for comments on how he arrived at a score. Scorers should make a good faith effort to respond adequately and helpfully.
- All scores and critique are the personal opinions of the authors and are generally judged against a standard of artwork worthy to be framed, sold, exhibited and/or published.
- Failure to rate, without regard for excuse or circumstance, will likely result in removal of your photograph, and possible revocation of membership or banning. Those that follow Rule 1 to rate before posting incur no possibility of this happening. Bans can be removed by doing make-up ratings.
* In a closely watched flickr score group, such as this one, about 90% of the time, at least one non-rater submits a photo within every group of six photos. (In a loosely watched group, about 50% of the submitters typically don't rate.) By rating six, after non-rater photos are removed, more photos will have received at least five ratings.
Enjoy and good shooting!
The dips in the graph indicate where non-raters
had their photos removed and membership revoked.
Feel free to contact any active members of the Aministration/Moderator team with any concerns or questions.
Jorghenstein (Giorgio, Italy) - Group Founder - Administrator Emeritus (retired)
TomBrooklyn (Tom, NYC, GMT-5) - Administrator
[http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuart_beard/] Pickle09 (Stuart, England, GMT) - Moderator
... ... ... ... ...
Rules in Other Languages: are generally unavailable in an up to date version. Volunteers who can help with that are needed and welcome to apply.
11,159 photos | 4,497 members | 25 Feb 06
1 replies 12 months ago
0 replies 41 months ago
0 replies 2 weeks ago
424 replies 3 months ago
8 replies 9 months ago
356 replies 10 months ago
10 replies 14 months ago
79 replies 15 months ago
2 replies 16 months ago
3 replies 16 months ago
1 replies 16 months ago
2 replies 18 months ago
0 replies 19 months ago
1 replies 20 months ago
5 replies 21 months ago
2 replies 24 months ago
2 replies 25 months ago
2 replies 25 months ago
2 replies 25 months ago
0 replies 25 months ago