About Picture The Cure
This group is dedicated to the yearly event called "Picture the Cure", a one month gallery show featuring photographers and photobloggers from Canada and abroad, and yes, that means all over the world.
All proceeds are donated to the Canadian Cancer Society.
A couple of rules and recommendations :
- accepted artwork can be one of the following : photographs, paintings, graphic art (digital manipulations).
- submissions must be available in a MINIMUM size of 6x9 (15x21 cm) at 300 DPI. However, you do not need to add the original version to your stream. There will be a printing/framing fee, depending on the size of the photograph, ranging from $20 to $35 CAD.
- pretty pictures work the best, not necessarily your favorite shots. Think about what kind of pictures you would hang on your living room's wall. But I've seen a drooling dog and a piggy selling as well. It's all about to "wow" effect. For ideas of what has been submitted before, please take a look at the latest gallery here.
- post only pictures related to this event in the pool
- start as many threads as you want
- ask cancer survivors/sufferers if they would like to be featured in the "Survivors" section of the website. Depending on their location, you may have to take their picture and ask them to write a motivational blurb.
- send me any related material (personal stories, photographs, links to other foundations and events) and I will do my best to feature them on the website
Note : "Picture the Cure" is a non profit association, operating under the supervision of the Canadian Cancer Society and the "Proud Supporter" program.
For additional info, please read our FAQ.
Contact : email@example.com
This is a public group.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Photos / Videos
- Screenshots / Screencasts
- Illustration/Art / Animation/CGI
- Accepted safety levels: