This group discussion is for members only.
Group DescriptionWelcome to this Flickr group. It has been set up for members of Parkwood Camera Club
Please read the rules of the group at www.flickr.com/groups/parkwoodcc/rules/.
Parkwood Camera Club is a vibrant and friendly photo club based in Kent. It was founded over 35 years ago in 1980 by a small group of like minded photographers and it has continued to grow into the successful club it is today.
The club’s varied programme includes competitions, organised studio sessions, lectures from knowledgeable guest speakers, photographic outings, and hands-on demonstrations.
Each year the winner of our premier internal club competition (using projected images) is presented with the much coveted Parkwood Cup trophy. This competition consists of three rounds and the member gaining the most points during the year is presented with the trophy to keep for the following year. We also hold competitions with other clubs throughout the year.
Our friendly Monday club evenings also include regular interactive/social evenings where we socialise and exchange information to help each other to improve our photography.
We are based in Parkwood, Rainham, and our members come from all over the Medway Towns, and other areas in Kent. The club meets at Parkwood Community Centre most Mondays except for the 2nd week in each month, when we meet on Tuesdays.
Parkwood Camera Club has modern studio lighting/equipment, monitor and printer calibration devices, mount cutters, DVD tutorials and many other items that are available on loan to our members. We own two projectors which are used for our competitions and presentations by guest speakers.
We have developed our website information for current members so they can find information about the club and photography in general.
We are currently taking on new members - if you are interested in paying us a visit to see if you would like to join us, please contact Paul Lam, our Membership Secretary, or click here: parkwoodcameraclub.com/?page_id=38
Group RulesPlease read the following before joining the group.
These simply rules are designed to help ensure that everyone gets the best out of the Parkwood group.
1) We respectfully ask Parkwood members not to give harsh critique on photos submitted in the main pool. You may of course add encouraging remarks.
2) If you require constructive criticism on your work, please submit your photo by starting a new thread within the discussion forum. There is a tutorial on the forum describing how this can be achieved at www.flickr.com/groups/parkwoodcc/discuss/7215761929930. Constructive criticism from members will help individuals evolve as photographers and help Parkwood continue to evolve as a much improved club within the KCPA.
Please remember that anything you do here reflects not only on yourself but on Parkwood CC as a whole. Please be respectful, responsible and polite.
A maximum of five uploads are allowed per day.
At the moment the group safety rating as is set to moderate. Please do not upload anything too risqué - if you're not sure if a photo is acceptable then it’s probably best not to upload it.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 10 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe, Moderate