Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionUnashamedly inspired by both the New Liturgical Movement and Motus Septentrionalis blogs, this group is intended to promote via photographs & possibly video, liturgical events held in the North of Great Britain which meet the following criteria.
1. The event obviously has to be liturgical. ie NOT a concert or such like. Workshops, with emphasis on liturgical performance can be included. General photos of churches, unless they feature some aspect of liturgy such as altar arrangements for example, are not allowed.
2. The Liturgies this group will be focussing on are in broad alignment with the NLM www.newliturgicalmovement.org/ and so are intended to highlight the following:
a: The Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite
(Usus Antiquior/Traditional Latin Mass)
b: The Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite where it meets
the criteria laid down by the NLM for the 'Reform of the
c: The Byzantine Rites (to include both Orthodox &
d: 'Anglican-Use' At the time of writing it is unclear
what liturgical form(s) will be approved, and it may
take some time - years even, before any such liturgy
is celebrated in this part of the UK.
*ONLY* Photos/videos from liturgical services/events which are in full communion with either the Catholic or Orthodox Churches will be accepted for inclusion in this group.
The definition of the 'North of Great Britain' is a loose one! My (very generous I think) is that it should start from Scotland, and go down to Nottingham - and no further!
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe