- The scale is micro. If you're not sure what this means, it means things are small. For the avoidance of doubt, look at some of the examples in the group.
- Scenes should try to evoke a classic scene or "the feel" of a well-known sci-fi movie. Don't just build a spaceship by itself.
- Scenes can be any size you like, but quality will win over quantity. A small well-crafted scene is much more likely to beat a massive but ropey battle scene.
- Judging will be on the basis of building skill, presentation, and evocation of the movie.
- Don't include minifigs in your creations. Microfigs are maybe ok. Maybe.
- No computer-generated models. You actually have to build it with real physical bricks.
- No custom parts.
- No disintegrations.
- The competition runs from May 25th 2012 to June 25th 2012.
- Maximum of 3 entries.
- Build something new.
- Entries should be posted in this group's pool.
- Questions about the rules etc should be posted here. But please check the previous answers before you post a question; if your question has already been answered, you'll look like a tool.
- Judges are Iain Heath and Rod Gillies. No arguing (except between Iain and Rod).
- TWO winners will be declared after June 25th. Each winner will be shipped one copy of Rod's custom microscale steampunk set.
- The organizers reserve the right to change the rules at any time.
Originally posted at 12:39AM, 25 May 2012 PST
Ochre Jelly edited this topic 19 months ago.