94,002 photos |
Only members can add to the pool. Join?
Mark (LP) (a group admin) says:
17 Jun 13 - Voting for the 'Play' challenge has begun (exactly five votes per person). Entries now accepted for the 'Harbour' challenge (only one entry per person). See below for voting and entry instructions. If you don't vote exactly 5 times, your votes are discounted. In the weeks to come we will be running challenges on Marble, Gate, Cliff.
523 posts | Only members can post. Join?
About Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Harbour'
Each challenge runs for two weeks – during the first week, you can submit your entry. During the second week, you vote on the entries submitted (no new entries will be accepted). Voting for this week's challenge commenced at 10am on 18th June 2013 (AEST) and closes at 10am 25th June 2013 (AEST). The voting code for this challenge is below. The provisional leader board for this challenge can be found here. The winner will be notified on 25th May 2013 by FlickrMail. For full details and conditions of entry, read the Rules.
This group holds thematic photo challenges. Entries are currently being taken for the "Harbour" challenge. Please read the rules below before submitting your photo. There is one Lonely Planet travel guide of choice for the first placed photo(s) in the challenge. Any problems, email the group Admin.
Voting for the "Play" challenge has begun.
No more entries accepted to this challenge. Voting finishes when the Admin checks the scores at 10am 25th June 2013 (AEST). See the photos here. You are encouraged to add your personal reflections on the photos you vote for. Copy and paste the voting code below into the comments of exactly five different photos entered in the challenge (not your own) that most make you want to travel and entertain the theme of Play. (Remember, if you don't vote exactly 5 times then all of your votes are discounted. Also, make sure you paste all the code (it makes a link) or else the vote counter doesn't read it properly.) Here is the voting code:
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/lonelyplanetpublications/ "> This photo makes me want to travel and gets my vote in the Lonely Planet Publications group's Play challenge</a>
If your photo receives 5 or more votes, please post a small version of it in this thread of leading photos. Also post your photo there if it is not coming up in the tag search. Flickr explain why your photo may not be captured in a search here . And Flickr explain how to post photos in threads here. Check out the provisional leader board with Ewah's Challenge counter
Submissions This Week: The "Harbour" Challenge Rules
1) Join the group (if you haven't already).
2) To enter the challenge, submit 1 photo into the group pool, adding the tag "LPharbour", also state where the photo was taken in the photo's description.
3) The image shouldn't have been placed (1st, 2nd or 3rd) in any of the previous challenges run by this group.
4) No entries accepted after 11:59pm Monday 24th June 2013 (AEST).
5) It is a requirement of entering this challenge that you vote for exactly five photos in the "Play" challenge (see above).
6) Voting for this challenge begins in the second week (ie 10am 25th June 2013 AEST).
7) Search this challenge's photos with this link.
8) The photo with the most votes wins.
9) Winners announced on 2nd July 2013 (AEST).
10) No nudity.
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
Members can post 1 thing to the pool each day.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Accepted safety levels: