This group is now closed. Thank you all for your efforts this year.
Welcome to Hitched Photoaday/Photoaweek 2009!
Our experience of the last two years suggests that the group runs more smoothly if there are a few rules which everyone follows and we have a few suggestions for those starting out in 2009.
* Maximum of 35 photos submitted to the group per month, representing no more than 2 photos per day (ideally 1 per day, but allows for 2 on the days when you really can't decide!) Please be considerate when posting backlogs.
* No trolling.
* No constructive criticism of other people's photos (unless requested) - the group is not a competition about taking the best photo.
* Members have to be regular contributors to hitched. If you have friends who want to do the project then the Project 365 group is a good alternative.
* We need members to stay active in the project; if you don't contribute for over 30 days then you might find that you're removed from the group. It's not forever - if you want to rejoin then that's fine. Please don't take it personally! If you know you're not going to be around for over 30 days and don't want to be removed, then just let one of the admins know.
* Try and comment on at least one photo for every photo you submit to the group if you get a chance.
* Use Mosaics if you want to have several photos for one day (there's a lot of other cool stuff to do with flickr photos on this site.)
* If you want advice about how to take a shot, how to get a certain effect etc, then just ask. There's plenty of knowledge and experience in the group.
* Try to join in with discussions in the group.
* If you feel like giving up at any point or run out of inspiration (and you will!) then let us know - we have had theme weeks in the past which have been great at boosting motivation and there's always someone who will give you a good idea for a shot.
The most important rule of all is to have fun! HPAD/W is your own personal project so try not to make it something you don't want it to be. Photos don't have to be works of art, they can just be something to mark your day. Follow your heart, enjoy yourself and remember if you do fall of the wagon, just get on again the next day!