About Hoop Up! Stitch & Send Swap
Welcome to Hoop Up!, a collaborative quilt block & embroidery swap.
December '11: this information has been updated to reflect changes for round 3!
Round 3 key dates:
- Sign-ups begin January 11th
NOTE: participants of earlier rounds will not be permitted to participate until they have completed and sent all earlier round embroidery pieces
- Sign-ups end Sunday, January 29th
- Complete your initial design (for yourself) and post by Friday, February 3rd (you can begin it as early as you like ... hint, hint!)
- Send out all of your fabric patches to your team members by Wednesday, February 8th
- Have all completed pieces back to their owners by FRIDAY, APRIL 13th
Here's how this swap will work:
- After sign-ups end, you will be placed into a group of 3 stitchers (you + 2 others). Once the groups are assigned, you will receive an email will your team members' information, including their mailing information and stated theme and preferences for the swap.
- You will stitch a design for yourself that represents a theme & style that will inspire your group members to stitch something for you. You will post a picture of your design to the Flickr group with a brief explanation of what you stitched and how it sets the tone you want your group members to follow.
- On or before FEBRUARY 8, 2012, you will send a blank fabric patch or a sewn quilt square with a dedicated space for an embroidery design to each of your group members. Your fabric patches can be cotton, linen, quilting cottons, or any lightweight fabric suitable for stitching. It is recommended that you send a patch of fabric between 12" and 15" square (for maximum hoop compatibility and design flexibility), and their edges should be pinked or basted. If there are any specific colors that you want represented in all of your patches to unify them, be sure to include a skein of floss in that color to each of your team members.
- Each swapper will be stitching a small design for each of his / her swap partners, in accordance with their preferred theme and stated likes / dislikes.
- Upon receipt of all group members' fabric patches, each swapper will have until FRIDAY, APRIL 13th (approximately 2 months) to complete and return all group members' blocks. Swap moderators will track the progress of their group members, including dates of shipment and receipt of all swap pieces.
- Once you receive all of your wonderful stitched blocks back, you can decide what to make with them. It's totally up to you! You can make a quilt, a wall hanging, a pillow, an apron, a tote bag, or you can simply frame them in embroidery hoops for one-of-a-kind wall art!
This is a public group.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Photos / Videos
- Screenshots / Screencasts
- Illustration/Art / Animation/CGI
- Accepted safety levels: