slamto ADMIN April 10, 2018
Only photos 1/10000th of a second exposure or faster will be accepted. It's pretty easy to tell by the look of the image, the environment it was taken, as well as the photo's metadata. Photo comments will be reviewed as well if a photo is missing metadata or questionable. Photos that do not meet the criteria will be removed. Users with entire contribution of unrelated photos will be removed from the group. Any unrelated spam posts will cause an immediate ban from the group.
Group DescriptionAs of October 2017, this group has returned to active moderation. I am not the original creator of the group,but I will stay with the group's original intention of showing everyone's high-speed photography.
This group is for anyone who wants to see, submit or discuss high speed photographs taken using a flash or strobe, like the classic bullet through a playing card photo, or on most peoples level, things like a can of Coke being shot with an airgun.
High-speed means a very short exposure time. 1/10000th second is the longest time allowed, that's 100 us. These high speed photos are taken with camera shutter fully open in a dark room using a flash or strobe light with flash duration of 1/10000th second of faster triggered by sound, laser or other methods.
Group RulesIf you want to submit a photo then a brief rundown of the rules are:
1. Photos must be taken with Flash exposure time of 1/10000th second of faster
2. Photos must be taken using a flash or strobe light
3. Photos of equipment used for taking high-speed photos allowed, but don't overwhelm the pool, it's better to put them in the discussions
4. No high speed photo is bad, we all started somewhere
5. Five photos can be added per day a the moment
Some other points:
1. if your contributions consist entirely of unrelated photos, you will be removed from this group
2. if your photos are not high-speed (easily seen in photos, or through camera metadata), they will be removed
3. if you feel your photo was removed and should qualify, please contact the admin
4. no unrelated spam (ie. dating, selling superman t-shirts, etc), this will result in an instant ban. If your account consists of just selling items, you will be reported to Flickr
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 5 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe