About Devine où à Montréal - Guess where in Montreal
Do you know Montreal?
This is a very simple (and addictive) group game, where you post your photos taken on the island of Montreal, and other members try and guess exactly where it was taken.
A few simple rules must be observed to participate in the group:
- Quality of the photos: not necessarily works of art, but they must be clear enough and large enough to be guessed (i.e. some cell phone photos, just don't cut it!);
- The photo must contain at least one element which can be used to identify the locale. A photo of “grass growing” is not enough! But if in the background, there is a building or some other element, even blurry, then it can be guessed. Basically: use your own judgment;
- Always include the tag: “mtlunguessed” until it is guessed;
- When it is guessed, replace this tag with “mtlguessed” and place it on the Flickr map;
- Please make sure the title, description and tags don’t give away the answer (this seems obvious to us, but it happens!);
- There is a 2 photo daily limit;
- Please, do come back regularly, and check on the guesses people have made and answer them.
- Note to new members: go through a few recent entries to familiarize yourself with the functioning of the group and to see what range of difficulty is present. It goes from relatively easy to very difficult. But the very easy ones (e.g. The Olympic stadium), well, are way too easy;
- Photos not following these rules, can (and usually will be) removed from the group.
N.B. The inspiration for this group came from the Guess Where NYC group, and as such they deserve credit for the original idea.
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
Members can post 2 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Photos / Videos
- Screenshots / Screencasts
- Illustration/Art / Animation/CGI
- Accepted safety levels: