About Guess Where NYC
Let's see who really knows New York the best.
Please post pix of various shots in New York City and see if people can figure out where they're taken.
Buildings, streets, people, restaurants, bars, cafes, subways, buses, dogs, cats, playgrounds, bums, etc....
Anything and everything is fair game as long as it's within the confines of New York City. And PLEASE, keep it safe for work. There are lots of lunch hour visitors.
A few rules and guidelines:
1. Shots must be in or of New York City's five boroughs.
2. You have to respond to people's guesses. You can't just put a photo in and walk away, because then you're only fishing for exposure and not playing the game. Your shot will be deleted from the pool if you don't respond to people's guesses.
3. You must not block group admins and moderators from commenting on your shots or emailing you. Providing you feedback is sometimes part of their role, and you must make yourself open to it.
4. Rest rooms are frowned upon.
5. "Revs" street sculptures are forbidden unless they have already been stolen. This is a courtesy to revs fans, who have noticed that when the locations of these sculptures is divulged on the Internet, they get stolen. Seriously, go to the revs pool and ask, if you don't believe us!
To insure variety, we've set a limit of 2 photos a day to help those who have been challenged by this concept.
Other than that, try not to give the location away with your tags, title, caption or groupings.
When posting a pic to the group, please add the tag nycunguessed to the photo. Once the photo is guessed, please remove the unguessed tag and replace with nycguessed as well as the name of the person who guessed it + guessed (ie. franklynchguessed, fakeisthenewrealguessed).
There are more tagging guidelines here.
You can search for all unguessed, properly tagged photos in the pool by clicking this link.
Photos of private spaces such as your friend's really cool loft apartment can't be guessed, so don't even think about submitting it. Think really hard abuot posting ANY photo which can't be guessed. You're not playing "Stump the Band."
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
Members can post 2 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Accepted safety levels: