About Glimmer Glow Shimmer Shine
This new group fills a new and distinctly different category than the many fine and delightful sister groups, like Iridescence, Slow Liquid, shadows, The Light Fantastic, Reflections, and others. This group pool is not to replace or compete with these groups, but to provide a place for images that distinctly say: Glimmer or Glow or Shimmer or Shine.
Please post up to 3 images per day, and tag each with the best of these four terms that fits your photo. For guidance, read the definitions given below. In this way, there will be nice slideshows to be gotten from a tag search, as well as the group slideshow.
As far as what photos are welcome and what could be deleted, please submit those that are MOST fitting here, moreso than in other groups. For example:
- many sunset photos glow but we don\'t want the pool to be flooded with sunsets. Just use discretion
- urban night shots often glimmer, glow, shimmer or shine, but we want the pool to be a mix, so don\'t put too many of these, just the best of them
- light etching is delightful, but there are great group pools like Technique that may feature them in a topic and tutorial. Or they may be more appropriate in Blurvision, Catchy Colors, or another group more suited.
- glass, art glass, mirrors and reflective surfaces do indeed glimmer, glow, shimmer and shine, but try to mix up the pool in subject matter along with the other member contributions so that it is not weighted too heavily towards one type of photo
- please do provide topics and links within the discussion to fun and special themes and subject matter in our sister groups!
If there are questions, please post within a topic a small image in your stream and ask whether it is appropriate. You may also post links within the topics to images and to sets you wish to highlight. Conversation is encouraged within the discussion topics.
Let\'s glow and grow with this group!
1. A dim or intermittent flicker or flash of light.
2. A faint manifestation or indication; a trace: a glimmer of understanding.
3. To emit a dim or intermittent light.
4. To appear faintly or indistinctly: Hope still glimmered in our minds.
1. To shine with a subdued flickering light.
2. To appear as a wavering or flickering image, as in a reflection on water or through heat waves in air.
1. A flickering or tremulous light; a glimmer.
2. To shine brightly and steadily, especially without a flame
3. To have a bright, warm, usually reddish color.
4. A light produced by a body heated to luminosity; incandescence.
5. Brilliance or warmth of color, especially redness
6. A sensation of physical warmth.
1. To emit light.
2. To reflect light; glint or glisten.
3. To aim or cast the beam or glow of (a light).
4. Brightness from a source of light; radiance.
5. Brightness from reflected light; luster.
6. Excellence in quality or appearance; splendor.
This is a public group.
Members can post 3 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Photos / Videos
- Screenshots / Screencasts
- Illustration/Art / Animation/CGI
- Accepted safety levels: