Group DescriptionPaper Crafts proudly presents Gallery Idol 2011 (June 6 - August 5, 2011)
Starting June 6, we'll be holding Open Auditions for Season Five. The theme for the Open Auditions round will be congrats cards. You may upload multiple congrats-themed cards. To participate, post your original designs here between now and July 4. On Friday, July 8, we’ll announce the top 20 finalists and the first round’s theme. Before you decide to participate, please review the timeline and full rules below to make sure you can meet the scheduled requirements. Season Five is open to ALL players (yes, even our international friends) and contestants from previous Gallery Idol competitions – except for last year’s grand prize winner.
The Paper Crafts Team
Gallery Idol 2011 Timeline:
• Monday, June 6 - Monday, July 4: Open Auditions
• Friday, July 8: Top 20 finalists announced and given first theme
• Monday, July 11 by 9 a.m. (MDT): First round submissions posted
• Monday, July 11 at noon - Thursday, July 14 at noon (MDT): Voting
• Friday, July 15: Top 15 finalists and round two theme announced
• Monday, July 18 by 9 a.m. (MDT): Second round submissions posted
• Monday, July 18 at noon - Thursday, July 21 at noon (MDT): Voting
• Friday, July 22: Top 10 finalists and round three theme announced
• Monday, July 25 by 9 a.m. (MDT): Third round submissions posted
• Monday, July 25 at noon - Thursday, July 28 at noon (MDT): Voting
• Friday, July 29: Top 5 finalists and round four theme announced
• Monday, Aug. 1 by 9 a.m. (MDT): Fourth round submissions posted
• Monday, Aug. 1 at noon - Thursday, Aug. 4 at noon (MDT): Voting
• Friday, Aug. 5: Gallery Idol winner announced!
2011 Gallery Idol Contest - Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN.
1. The 2011 Gallery Idol Contest (“Contest”) is open to all participants, including those living in and outside of the United States and the District of Columbia, including contributors to Paper Crafts magazine and winners of previous contests sponsored by Paper Crafts magazine, except the previous grand prize winner of the 2010 Gallery Idol Contest. Notwithstanding the foregoing, legal residents of Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories, trust territories and possessions are excluded from participation in the Contest. Entrants under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter this Contest.
By entering the Contest, entrants (and if under age 18, their parents/legal guardians) agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these official rules (“Official Rules”). This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Employees of Paper Crafts magazine (“Sponsor” or “Paper Crafts”), Creative Crafts Group, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Creative Crafts Group”), their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to enter. The Contest begins 6/6/11 and ends 8/05/11.
2. Contestants may enter as many cards as they want during the Open Auditions (congrats cards) round (June 6 - July 4, 2011). For all subsequent rounds, the chosen contestants will be asked to make one (1) new card for each round they advance to. The Paper Crafts editorial staff will determine the top 20 congrats cards in the Open Auditions round, with those winners moving on to the first round. Online viewers will then pick the winners of the subsequent rounds. Cards judged by online viewers should be judged on overall appearance, creativity, execution, and conformity to theme. We will award 20 winners for Round 1, 15 winners for Round 2, 10 winners for Round 3 and five winners for Round 4.
3. Once we select the Top 20 finalists and enter round one, entries cannot currently be or have ever been posted in any online forum, submitted to Paper Crafts or any other magazine, created for a specific manufacturer, or entered in any other Contest.
4. The entrant must be the author of all entries submitted, except as otherwise provided. Entries must also be original to the author and exclusive of any material created by a third party or otherwise aided by a third party. However, photographs taken by someone other than the entrant may be used if clearly marked with the following statement next to the Entry: “Photo(s) not taken by entrant.” All photo editing must be work that is original to the entrant.
If the judging results in a tie, tied entries will be re-assessed on the factors listed above. If the second assessment still does not break the tie, the tied entries will be treated the same by Paper Crafts and will either all be Winners or all be rejected. The Contest will take place under the supervision of Paper Crafts magazine. Winners will be selected based on the criteria and requirements listed in these rules by a qualified panel of judges (“Judges”) comprised of individuals with significant industry experience as determined by Paper Crafts. The Judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest.
Winners will be notified on our web site (www.papercraftsmag.com) and blog (www.papercraftsconnection.com) on 7/08/11, 7/15/11, 7/22/11, 7/29/11, and 8/05/11. To obtain a list of Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after 8/05/11 to Paper Crafts magazine, Gallery Idol 2011 Winners Request, 14850 Pony Express Road, Suite 200, Bluffdale, UT 84065.
5. Twenty (20) Winners will be selected based on the criteria listed above. Each Winner will receive a prize package of paper crafting products.
Winners will receive:
• Round 1: American Crafts’ Margarita collection and a free copy of a current issue from Paper Crafts magazine (MSRP: $50.38).
• Round 2: Crate Paper’s Portrait collection, a free copy of a current issue and a free special issue from Paper Crafts magazine (MSRP: $35.97).
• Round 3: Pink Paislee’s Daily Junque collection, a free special issue and a free 1-year subscription from Paper Crafts magazine (MSRP: $76.88).
• Round 4: Spellbinders’ Grand Calibur and die template package, plus free copies of The Best of Paper Crafts, The Best of Card Creations, The Best of Stamp It! Cards, In Love with Paper Crafts and The Big Book of Holiday Paper Crafts (MSRP: $284.71).
• Grand Prize: One winner will receive a free Paper Crafts Cruise aboard Carnival's Liberty ($661 shared ocean cabin, $295 conference fee and up to a $300 airfare credit), winning project(s) published in Paper Crafts magazine, name added to the exclusive Paper Crafts designer list, free collection of special issues and official grand prize winner certificate (MSRP: $1330.95).
Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes: $5,070.45. Submitting an entry does not mean that you have won a Prize. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries in the Contest. It is expressly understood that Sponsor is under no obligation to the Winners other than as expressly set forth herein. The Prize is awarded to each Winner “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), except for any manufacturer warranty.
No substitution of any Prize will be permitted except by Sponsor, who may substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if an advertised Prize becomes unavailable. The Prize is non-transferable, and the prize package may not be redeemed for cash, unless it is a cash prize. The Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with the receipt of any Prize.
6. All entries and requests become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, or any portion thereof. Entry constitutes permission to use the Winners’ name, picture, likeness, entry, or any portion thereof, and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
Submission of entry constitutes entrant’s consent (or that of their parent/legal guardian) to irrevocably assign to Sponsor any and all rights to entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. The entrant represents and warrants that he/she holds the necessary rights to irrevocably assign all rights in the entry, including necessary rights related to copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, music, images or other proprietary or property right, or any other right of any person or entity and that the entry does not infringe on any third-party rights. (DO NOT COPY THE WORKS OF OTHERS OR INCLUDE OTHER PERSONS OR THEIR PROPERTY IN YOUR ENTRY WITHOUT FIRST OBTAINING THEIR WRITTEN CONSENT.) Submission of any entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, produce, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the entry in any way and in any and all media, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify Paper Crafts and Creative Crafts Group (collectively, “PC”) and shall defend PC against, and hold PC harmless from, all claims, liabilities and obligations (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) (“Claims”) brought by a third party against PC arising out of the infringement or misappropriation of any copyrights, trade secrets, or trademarks of any third party. PC agrees to provide entrant with prompt written notice upon becoming aware of any such claim. Entrant shall undertake and conduct the defense of any such claim and PC shall reasonably cooperate with entrant in the defense of such claim. Entrant shall reimburse PC for all reasonable out-of-pocket costs incurred by PC in connection with such cooperation. PC shall have the right to participate in any action at its own expense.
7. The Winners (or the parent/guardian if Winner is a minor) will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, compliance with Contest rules and release of liability. All Winners will also be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement until their names and entries are released to the public by Paper Crafts.
8. All entrants release Sponsors, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, shareholders, representatives, successors, assigns, licensees, employees, and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind, including any personal injury, death, loss or damage of any kind or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of the Prize awarded whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
Use of Sponsor’s web site is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor is not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to entrant’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Sponsor’s website or the download of any information from Sponsor’s website.
Entrant further agrees that all rights under Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States, are hereby expressly waived. That section, in pertinent part, provides: “A general release does not extend to claims which the Creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of the executing of this release, which if known by him must materially affect his settlement with the debtor.” Any dispute shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action.
9. Prizes must be claimed by 9/05/11. Failure to execute and return any requested document within fourteen (14) days of postmark, or return of notification or Prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of Prize. An alternate potential winner may be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the Winners.
10. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
11. U.S. entrants:
(i) If you are a legal resident in the United States and are under the applicable age of majority, then your parent or legal guardian must also print their name and sign the back of each submission below your signature. They will also be required to provide parental permission and releases on your behalf. U.S. Winners (or the parent/guardian if a minor) will be required to execute an affidavit attesting to entry eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules, and release of liability as may be applicable.
(ii) To remain eligible, each entrant must not disclose their selection as a Winner until the Sponsor publishes the list of Winners. If Paper Crafts determines in its sole discretion that the entrant breached this confidentiality requirement, the entrant becomes subject to disqualification. In addition, the Winners will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement upon notification as well, agreeing not to disclose their selection as a Winner until the Sponsor publishes the list of Winners.
(iii) Failure to execute and return any requested document within fourteen (14) days of receipt may result in forfeiture of Prize, in which case an alternate potential winner may be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
12. Online entries for the Open Auditions round must be posted in the assigned Paper Crafts gallery by no later than 11:59 p.m. MDT on Monday, 7/04/11. Subsequent rounds’ entries will be due by 9:00 a.m. MDT on Monday, 7/11/2011, 7/18/2011, 7/25/2011, and 8/01/2011. Any entries not received as outlined above will not be eligible for the Gallery Idol 2011 Contest (no exceptions). Paper Crafts cannot accept late entries due to technical errors or power outages.
13. Entries that do not follow the prescribed entry requirement or that do not follow the Official Rules will automatically be disqualified from the Gallery Idol 2011 Contest, although the entries may be eligible for use by Paper Crafts in its publications. Disqualified entrants will be required to return the Winner’s Prize Package to Sponsor and give up all rights as a Winner, including the opportunity to be published in Paper Crafts magazine. In the event that a winning entrant is disqualified after the announcement of Winners is made, his or her position as a winner may not be filled, at Paper Crafts’ sole discretion.
14. The Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the state of Utah.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe