Here is a FAQ that you can go to if you are unsure of some basic rules.
FAQ for Flickr Poker
1. How many chips do I get per posted picture?
You get 5 chips when you post a picture, that you distribute to 5 different pictures, posted in the group by other users.
2. How many pictures can I post in the group every day?
You can post one picture in the group every day. No more. You dont have to post a picture every day.
3. Can I give several chips to one photo?
The 5 chips you get should be distributed to 5 different photos. You are no longer allowed to go back to the photos you've been giving chips to earlier and give them new chips - this will disqualify the photo you've doubly honored.
4. Do I have to comment on a specific photo? (Like some groups were you for example have to comment on the picture posted before your own)
No, there is no obligation of commenting on a specific photo. You can distribute your 5 chips to 5 pictures posted at any time in the group.
5. Can I repost my picture, if I for example want it to get more comments?
No, this is not allowed. Should you still repost your photo, the admins will delete it.
6. Were is the html that I can put in my comments?
The html is as following:
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/flickr_poker"> flickr poker </a>
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/77606151@N00/194491432/" title="Photo Sharing"><img src="http://static.flickr.com/64/194491432_30ef6a8fa4_o.jpg" width="40" height="40" alt="flickrpoker1";/></a>
Copy and paste this in your comment. You can also find this in the group description.
7. How does the Hand threads work?
When you get a certain amount of chips, you post it in the group marked with that number. For example, if you get 6 chips you post your picture in the "Two Pair"-thread. How many chips that is needed for posting in each thread you can see in the thread-name.
8. I have put my picture in the Hand thread for 2-4 chips, but now it has 5, what do I do?
You can delete your picture from the first thread and then post it in the next. Altough it is not considered breaking any rules if you dont delete it from the first thread, it is a good thing to do.
9. Do I have to put my pictures in the Hand threads?
No, you dont have to. But it is a good way for others and yourself to organize the pictures.
10. How do I post my picture in a thread?
You go to your picture and press "All sizes" above it. There you press "Small" and you will get a small version of your pictures. Below the small version, there is a html-code. Copy that and post it in the right thread.
11. Can I give a chip to pictures outside the group that I find deserve it?
No. You can only give chips to pictures posted in the Flickr Poker group.
12. Can I post any picture I want?
This is a game for all ages, so be civil and dont post pictures that can be offensive. Other then that, all is allowed.
13. Do I have to hand out all my 5 chips?
When you have posted your picture, you get 5 chips that you must hand out. That is the rules of the game. If you feel that you dont have time to comment 5 pictures, you should not participate in the game.
14. How does this thing with tags works?
You can, if you want to, tag your picture with the hand you get from the number of chips. For example, if you get 8 chips you post your picture in the “Three of a kind”-thread and tag the picture with “3ofakind”. You can read the complete list of tags in the group description. When your picture is tagged right, you can easily see how it matches up compared to others.
15. When can I add my picture to the “High Stakes Flickr Poker”-group?
When your pictures has earned a Full House (13 chips or better) you can add it to the High Stakes-group. If you add your picture there without having 13 or more chips, it will be removed.
16. Do I have to have fun?
Yes, happiness is a demand.
Originally posted at 10:02AM, 3 November 2006 PDT
pixability (a group admin) edited this topic 75 months ago.