Join the group to start a discussion!
Group DescriptionPictures of desert roads, hand picked and high quality. Dirt roads are always preferred over pavement. Big photos are preferred over small ones.
Here are some guidelines I use for determining which photos should be in the group, in case anyone's photo is rejected and they don't know why:
1) No cars.
2) No people.
3) The less pavement the better.
4) No overwrought or obvious photoshopping. Ideally photos shouldn't look photoshopped right off the bat, if at all. This includes watermarks, borders and signatures.
5) Manmade or manufactured objects are limited to those that look like they're part of the desert, in that they're very weathered or they appear to have been there for a long time. That said, I always prefer all-natural photos (except for the road, of course).
6) Lens flare and other obvious technical problems should be avoided.
7) Photos that don't enlarge to at least 1024 x 768 will probably be rejected, unless they're spectacular.
8) Good photos will be at least mildly evocative; they should capture more or less what it feels like to be standing in that location anticipating what's on the other side of the horizon, or what it is about that location that makes it special or unique. Photos that look like they were snapshots taken from a moving car (for example) will probably be rejected.
If anyone comes across a photo they think should be added to the pool, please let me know!
Group RulesUpload limit of one per week. I know, that's not very much, but we're trying to run a tight ship here. We want only great photos.
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool each week.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe