About this group »
About ONE WORD-Metaphor/Conce pt-ONE WORD
Previous challenge winners for
"light up my growth" by Nicola
Here is some additional explanation about what is meant by a metaphor and a concept from the original founders of this group. Please also check out the previous winner's thread to see what kind of images we hope to see.
• a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable
• a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, esp. something abstract
• an abstract idea; a general notion : structuralism is a difficult concept | the concept of justice. See note at idea .
• a plan or intention; a conception : the center has kept firmly to its original concept.
This group is about being able to visualize concepts through your photographs. We will be focusing on simplifying the photographic content so that simple speaks alone, or ways in which complex will become simple.
Embark on a path of self-discovery and self-expression. Challenges are given to show the members point of view and understanding of the conceptual.
• Search out our special interest in photography.
• Understand the power of concept and design in images. This power is demonstrated in emotional responses.
• Be able to combine your current level of technical ability with your personal vision and communicate who you are in your work. Your point of view will separate you from all others. Being UNIQUE is much more important than following ANY technical RULES.
At core, the problem all artists must address is MEMORABILITY. Without someone remembering your image, song, film or sculpture, you are invisible.
Visual Interest + Concept + Emotional Response = Memorability
Without a concept (idea) applied to your subject matter and transference of your emotional reaction to it, the viewer cannot be drawn into your photograph. The image does not stand out from the forest of other images similar to it. Invisibility persists.
It is the impact of Concept and Emotional Response that leads to remembrance. Another way to identify this idea is STYLE. And your style is your distinctiveness.
I want all of us to exclusively concentrate on the idea of CONCEPT in this group. Creative abundance is parallel to the diverse brushes and paint types available to a painter. When we look at members’ work, please pay close awareness to how they convey their emotions through their creative choices.
1,100 photos | 552 members | 19 May 06
STICKY A new direction
1 replies 18 months ago
4 replies 40 months ago
14 replies 53 months ago
8 replies 53 months ago
5 replies 55 months ago
11 replies 56 months ago
10 replies 58 months ago
6 replies 59 months ago
11 replies 60 months ago
8 replies 60 months ago
10 replies 60 months ago
1 replies 61 months ago
10 replies 61 months ago
9 replies 61 months ago
5 replies 62 months ago
4 replies 62 months ago
5 replies 62 months ago
8 replies 62 months ago
11 replies 62 months ago
11 replies 63 months ago