About click! photography changes everything
THIS PROJECT IS NOW CLOSED.
Thank you for all the thoughtful submissions that made this project possible.
Please continue to visit click! photography changes everything in its permanent location at http://click.si.edu/. We hope you enjoy this collection!
Smithsonian Photography Initiative
The Smithsonian Photography Initiative (SPI) invites you to contribute to click! photography changes everything, a collection of commentaries by invited contributors and visitors like you, exploring how photography shapes the way we understand the world.
click! photography changes everything is about exploring and sharing ideas about the surprising ways photography impacts our lives. Here are some questions to help you get started: What made you select the photo you are submitting? What does the photo show? How does this photo, and photos like it, change who you are, what you do, think or believe, what you want, and what you remember?
NOTE: Please limit your submission to 5 or less photos and stories.
If you arrived at this group page from the click! website, please "Join this Group" using the link above. Then return to the contribute page to continue your submission process through the click! website. If you wish to submit directly in Flickr, follow the instructions below.
Note that once your submission is posted to the click! website, you will not be able to modify it. Therefore, please keep the following guidelines in mind when you submit your photo and story.
1) Consider how your entry relates to this month’s focus: ‘Seeing Other Worlds’ or one of the six click! themes: Who We Are, What We Do, What We See, Where We Go, What We Want and What We Remember.
2) You can either write about your own photo, a photo from the Smithsonian's collections, or a photo in the Flickr Commons. Your photo must be a minimum of 640 x 525 pixels in dimensions. Your photo should either be one that you own or have obtained the right to reproduce. High-quality scans of non-digital photographs are acceptable.
3) Write an original story (500 words or less) to go along with your photo. Enter your story as the description for your photo on Flickr.
4) Tag your submission with one of those six themes if you’re not responding to the current call for entry.
NOTE: By entering your submission to the click! photography changes everything Flickr group you are deemed to have accepted Terms and Conditions provided in the Group Rules.
Need to reach SPI? Because of the volume of users expected to participate in the project, we are unable to reply to Flickr Mail messages. If you wish to contact SPI, please do so through our contact page.
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
- Uploads to the group pool have been disabled.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Accepted safety levels: