About Church Marketing Lab
As a member of this Lab, we hope that you will participate on some level, even if it’s small. We would love for you to be an active part of the community and help raise the bar in the world of Church Marketing. Whether you’re a seasoned designer or a Pastor just looking for help, your participation in the Lab is absolutely vital in achieving that goal.
As a member of the Lab, we hope you will find the help you need, be inspired and grow as an artist. If you choose to add your artwork to the pool, please open to giving and receiving feedback. We encourage you to be an active part of the growth process as your design evolves into it’s final state.
A Few Guidelines to Keep Things Running Smooth:
1) Be Nice
* Our goal is to help churches improve, so keep it nice. Offer constructive criticism and remember that the person who posted the image is looking for advice and feedback, not a thrashing.
2) What to Post
* Any marketing or communications efforts directly for the local church are acceptable.
* Users are limited to two posts per day to give everybody a chance.
* All submissions must contain the mini creative brief. Any submission submitted without this will be removed. Please use the following:
Goal: (of the event, ministry, etc.)
Audience: (who is this for?)
Direction: (why you did what you did)
Project: (what is it? Poster, Bulletin, Postcard, etc)
Other important info: (Pastor made me, etc)
* We ask that you post any, and at the least your final, revision to that same submission thread. Here’s how:
a. Upload the revised image to your account.
b. Click on the thumbnail of the new image.
c. Copy the URL of the image.
d. Place it in the comment section with [brackets] around it.
* limit finished work to one per week. Please note that the Lab is not your online portfolio, finished work should be posted as inspiration. Please also note inspiration does not equal open source. All copyright for the work remains with the designer.
3) What Not to Post
* Material should come from the originating church or creator. No submitting material from another church—if they want feedback they can post it themselves.
* This group is limited to church marketing—no ministry, para-church, Christian business marketing, etc. Commercial solicitations are also not allowed.
* Remember to respect the work of others. Stolen images are not acceptable.
Read more specific tips for getting the most out of the Lab.
Who's Behind This?
The Church Marketing Lab grew out of the peer review section from the blog Church Marketing Sucks and is organized by the nonprofit Center for Church Communication.
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
Members can post 2 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Photos / Videos
- Screenshots / Screencasts
- Illustration/Art / Animation/CGI
- Accepted safety levels: