About Guardian and Observer Book Swap - left books
As part of the Guardian and Observer book season we’re inviting readers to take part in a nationwide Guardian and Observer Book Swap.
Over the next few weeks, we'll be distributing thousands of books around the country. They’ll be left on park benches, buses, cafe tables; anywhere people will stumble across them. Every book swap book will have a special bookplate inserted inside the cover so the finder knows that the book can be taken.
If you would like to leave a book for someone to find, here’s what you need to do:
• choose a favourite book you’d like to pass on to another reader
• download a Guardian and Observer bookplate and write a short message on it before sticking it inside the book
• leave the book somewhere where it will be found then take a picture giving a clue to where you have left it - you don’t have to be obvious - and upload it, geotagged to this Flickr group
• we’ll display all the geotagged photos on our book swap map showing all the left and found books
Visit www.guardian.co.uk/books to find out more.
If you have found a book and would like to upload a photo of it to the map, please visit our Bookswap found books Flickr group.
We'll feature some of our favourite portfolios and pictures from the group on guardian.co.uk and maybe in other formats, e.g. our newspapers. By posting your pictures here you a) acknowledge that you have created the pictures or have permission to do so; and b) grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, free licence to publish your pictures as described. Copyright resides with you and you may reuse your pictures however you wish. You will be credited and paid if we make other uses of your pictures.
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Accepted safety levels:
- Content must have geo information: