About World of Classic Cars
Classic, collectable and vintage cars, pre and post war cars photos only!
What is a classic car? Well, no strict rules here, but very roughly any car that was built or designed up to 1985.
Are trucks, busses and vans allowed? Yes.
Site Map: Members Introduction Your Favourite Car FAQ Classic Cars ID Help line
What car do you drive Guide How To post photos to our gallery and threads Suggestions
To avoid having your photos deleted from the pool, please read the rules below - your pictures could be removed without warning during busy periods - so please read carefully BEFORE posting.
The discussion area is there to be used. Please feel free start a new topic on anything related to classic cars.
Wanna share your photos with us? We'd love to see them. But please, limit yourself and do not dump the pool, give us time to enjoy each of your photos.
And just as important, please take a moment to comment on a photo in the pool. This thing is about feedback and discussion more than it is about "Hey, look what I did."
Also, please do not pull and resubmit your photos to the pool just to bump their position. We saw it the first time. Go out and shoot something different for us. :)
Optional: To link back to the group when commenting on other photos, highlight the code in the box below, right-click, select Copy, go to the photo you wish to comment on, right-click and select Paste to add the following HTML code into your comments:
(Seen in <a href="http://flickr.com/groups/bestcars"><b>World of classic cars</b></a>)
Optional: To invite other members to the group, highlight the code in the box below, right-click, select Copy, go to the photo you wish to comment on, right-click and select Paste to add the following HTML code into your comments:
I would like to invite you to share your classic car pictures with us.
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/bestcars/"><b>World of classic cars</b></a> Group.
Few thing you should know:
• We don't have any posting limit but please do not dump the Pool
• Please only post photos of classic cars, oldtimers and youngtimers.
• Any images that contain raletively new cars, fake classic cars or cars that are not related to the topic of this group, will be deleted. This group was created to display classic cars, so the they must be an important part of your image.
• Ensure your photos are work safe as many of our members browse from work. If you have something you'd like to share that would not be appropriate for work viewing, just post the (word) link in a discussion thread with a little warning.
This is not your private art house. People read this site at work. A lot. If you would not leave the photo up on your monitor in an office environment while you head off to lunch, it is probably not appropriate for here. And if your photo is deleted, do not re-insert it.
Be aware that people from many cultures view this group, and what may be art in your country might very well be illegal in someone elses. Be respectful of that.
It is common sense. Please do not push it. Thanks.
• This should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway: Please do not use the threads as a classifieds section. Selling your stuff on Flickr is against the site's TOS, and it endangers the status of our group. Thanks.
• No advertising on this group is allowed.
• Optional, but highly encouraged
Post a picture? Leave a comment. Just doing this one, simple, quick thing will improve the quality of cross education immensely. Note a technique, offer an idea - anything, really. Just be nice. We're all about civility here.
Few groups you may also want to join:
Rusty Cars- a photo group for pictures of "retired" old vehicles.
Car Ads- Vintage auto ads offer a fascinating glimpse of history and represent the archival documents of our consumer driven society.
License Plates (No Cars)- Photos of old and new collectible license plates.
World of Cars (Post 1 - Award 3) - Award group for all Car photos.
Secondhand, but not second best
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Photos / Videos
- Screenshots / Screencasts
- Illustration/Art / Animation/CGI
- Accepted safety levels: