About Atlanta Street Photography Group
Atlanta Street Photography Group is a casual, laid back group for photographers who want to nurture their artist and who need an occasional “street wanderer” outlet. If you love candid street shooting, are easily seduced by serendipity, long to live in the moment, and want to meet other like-minded photographers in Atlanta, this is the place for you.
YOU MUST LIVE IN ATLANTA, MUST HAVE A PASSION OR STRONG INTEREST IN STREET PHOTOGRAPHY (SEE DESCRIPTION BELOW) AND BE PART OF THE GROUP TO POST.
YOU MUST AGREE TO THESE RULES BEFORE REQUESTING MEMBERSHIP:
1) This Flickr group houses the photos taken from our street outings and meet ups ONLY. First join the Facebook group. www.facebook.com/groups/atlanta.street.photography/ After you attend your first meetup, you will be accepted here on Flickr so you can post your meetup shots.
2) This group is ONLY for photographers who live in Atlanta and are interested in the genre of STREET PHOTOGRAPHY (please know what this genre is about below)
ABOUT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY:
READ THIS en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_photography) before you join. This is not a general photography meet up. If you want to take portraits of people or pictures of buildings downtown, this is not the group for you. Street photography is NOT of street objects like buildings buildings or posed portraits of people or photos of graffiti. Street photography is about candid shots, slices of everyday life and the people in them. To know more about the genre, read this link <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_photography or watch this video: www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wpoAY...
There are 5 requirements for this group:
1) You own some kind of digital or film camera (brands or types don't matter) that you know how to operate well.
2) You are a student of photography, a strong photography "hobbiest" for at least a year or you are a professional photographer who is looking for fun!
3) You have a strong interest in STREET photography - digital, film or any kind of image capture. IMPORTANT: The goal is not to shoot macro objects, buildings, pictures of graffiti, landscapes, portraiture or objects. Street photography is about candid shots of the everyday lives of PEOPLE and for this group is clearly defined. Please read en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_photography before requesting to join.
4) You have a laid back attitude - Hard core, excessively rule-driven photography groups are all over meetup.com if that's what you're looking for, but you won't find that here.
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
Members can post 15 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Accepted safety levels: