About A day in the life of PDX
While sharing a pitcher of micro-brew at a local tavern, a few of us Portland Flickrites agreed that Portland, Oregon is a mecca for amateur photographers. We thought it would be a fun event if all of the Portland based Flickr members could spend one day collectively capturing Portland's uniqueness and beauty. Thus the idea for A Day In The Life Of PDX was born.
Here are the guidelines for the event:
1. You have from 12:00am to 11:59pm on Saturday, July 22nd to take images of Portland. It goes without saying that all Portland photographers will naturally honor the shooting time period, otherwise it won't be a DAY in the life of Portland. This particular day was chosen from historical weather data to find the Saturday with the least probability of rain as not many photographers like getting their gear wet!
2. A public group, A Day In The Life Of PDX, www.flickr.com/groups/aditlpdx/ has already been created and members of this group (among other Portland Flickr Groups) can join. Once you join you are allowed to post your two best images with the usual Flickr image information in the following format:
Title: (If no title, enter "Untitled")
Description:(Short description including location, i.e. Mt. Tabor, St. John's Bridge, Beaverton, etc. Also include camera make, model and lens type, aperture, shutter speed and ISO. If you don't know any of the above, just enter for instance, aperture: Not Available. Please keep your description text in one paragraph without line breaks as we have limited space when all the images are compiled into book format; see #4 below.)
3. You have three weeks to post images to allow time for the film based photographers to get their film developed and scanned. Everyone should have plenty of time to tweak their images in PS if they so desire. At the end of three weeks, you will no longer be able to add images to the group.
4. For anyone who is interested, a book of all of the images with associated image text of ADITL of PDX can be purchased from Flickr to place on your coffee table and show to your friends. A separate thread will be created in the ADITL of PDX group to fill you in on all the ordering/purchasing details. Please note that this is not a profit based offer; only Flickr would benefit.
Other Notes: There are no guidelines as to what images to post; indoor/outdoor, landscapes/portraits, B&W/color, it is completely up to you as long as it was taken on July 22nd and in/around Portland, OR. The general area I'm referring to is South of the Columbia River, West of Gresham, East of Hillsboro, and North of Wilsonville. 1800 minimum pixel width resolution is recommended so that the images in the book compilation are sharp. All pictures posted prior to July 22nd will be deleted. The most important guideline is to have fun and enjoy being part of a large and unique collection of Portland based photographs captured on one day!
This is a public group.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Photos / Videos
- Screenshots / Screencasts
- Illustration/Art / Animation/CGI
- Accepted safety levels: