mistdog ADMIN May 1, 2018
This group (now in its 14th year) is thoughtfully hand-moderated, that's why it has only the most creative self-portraits on flickr. The official rules can be found here: www.flickr.com/groups/99079302@N00/rules/ - but in a nutshell, all images must be highly creative portraits of you, taken by you. Don't just post your shadow, reflection or feet, show us something new! Above all have fun!
Group DescriptionShow us your soul in a self-portrait; after all nobody knows yourself better then you do.
Go extreme, get wacky, be original. There is no limit on creativity!
Here are some ideas:
Show us a scene we've never seen before
Something familiar with an unexpected twist
Express a genuine, deep emotion (that is very hard to do in a self portrait, so kudos to those of you who achieve it)
Something you put effort into setting up
Show us something about you, your personality, the person in you or even humanity itself!
BE CREATIVE :) and have fun!
Here's a scattering of some of the most creative photos from the group from early 2017, late 2017 and early 2018. These may or may not be the best (it's one person's selection), and lots of photos can't be added to Flickr galleries, but it might be good for inspiration and give a flavour of the group.
Group RulesThere are no rules on creativity, however there are some for self portraits, and they are different here from some other groups on flickr.
Please do not add photos that:
- only contain a limb, or your feet (it could be anyone, right?)
- are just your shadow or reflection
- are pornographic (nudes, if done tastefully, are acceptable; please be appropriate)
- are not pictures of yourself. These are self-portraits. (Male photographers: we know your photos of women are not self-portraits!) No screenshots from Second Life. No pictures of your cat or your kids or an empty landscape - people submitting these will find themselves ejected from the group.
All submissions to the group go through the moderation team before appearing. Do not repeatedly delete your photo from the pool and re-submit it just to try and get above other members; this creates extra work for the moderators and will get you banned, as will repeated breaking of the rules above.
Be CREATIVE :) and have fun!
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Members can post 1 thing to the pool each day.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe, Moderate