Group DescriptionLOOK HERE FIRST! LOOK HERE FIRST! LOOK HERE FIRST! LOOK HERE FIRST! <----------------- OPEN THE SIDEBAR then Click See More
This group is for all of us self taught photographers who did not learn how to photograph through any formal classes. It is ok if you have taken one since, but this is more for those of us who just jumped on in.
Start here with GROUP INDEX and GROUP RULES
Group RulesHello! Welcome to Self Taught Photographers!
Self Taught Photographers is a resource network for a photographer at any skill levels, the group exists to help each other and share knowledge, and our ambitions are to:
1) Share knowledge through exchange of skills, technique and experience
2) Help photographers at the beginning of their journey of discovery
3) Encourage personal advancement through positive development
4) Discuss issues and affairs that have impact on photographers
5) Gain a greater insight into the art of photography beyond tangible skills.
Before you get stuck in, we ask is that you keep to the house rules:
- The group is very large so please try to keep things running smoothly by reusing existing threads. An index of important threads is provided and unimportant threads may be gradually closed over time.
- There no place for commercials. If you wish to promote special events or commercial competitions please contact the administration.
- Members are from all ages and cultures so please keep the content clean. Tasteful nudes are permitted, but no pornography.
- We are photographers and that mean the content here needs to be photography or about photography. For that reason please no digital art, or video (unless it’s instructional), and please keep discussion about equipment general.
- To help keep threads running smoothly we do ask that you only post small images into discussion.
- The only hard and fast rule is that no game threads are permitted, they serve no informational purpose to any members, and will be deleted.
Lastly, get straight into it! Don't worry about introducing yourself we'll get to know you soon enough!
- This group doesn't care how many other groups a photo is in
- Members can post 2 things to the pool each week.
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe