About this group »
About Stitched by Hand, Old School Sewing Competition
Old School Sewing Competition
1. All work would have to be 100% Hand sewn.
2. All work must contain fabric and thread.
3. Work CAN contain beads, buttons, feathers, yarns,
metal, ribbon, etc., as long as the base piece is fabric and thread.
4. The work presented must be a finished piece that is not meant to be added or attached to a large piece.
5. The maximum size will be 36” x 36”. There is no minimum size. 3D work should be no large than 36” x 36” x 36”.
6. The work does NOT have to be a quilt. It can be of any textile medium as long as all sewing is done by hand.
7. You may enter only one piece.
8. You must sign up by Sept. 6th. You sign up at the Flickr group, Stitch by Hand, under discussions. There will be a “discussion” listed as Stitched by Hand, Old School Sewing Competition Sign In. You will state your name and category at this time.
9. Images of the completed work must be in the Stitched by Hand, Old School Sewing Competition group by Dec. 1, 2008. There can be up to 3 images of your piece, accepted for display. With each image you will give the category your piece will be under (see below), chosen theme (see below), your name, Title of your piece, dimensions, and brief notes on the construction of your work.
10. The categories are:
1.) 2D Contemporary, Original art, artist designed
2.) 2D Traditional, work must be related to or copy traditional / historic work. This work may be purchased design, public domain images or copy of historic work.
3.) 2D Beginner Contemporary, Original art, artist designed
4 .) 2D Beginner Traditional, work must be related to or copy traditional / historic work. This work may be purchased design, public domain images or copy of historic work.
5.) 3D Sculptural Fiber Art
Here are the themes to choose from:
Cute and Evil
11. There will one winner for each category. Badbird, aka Andrea Zuill, will choose these winners. Themes are only in place for fun and direction. There will also be awards for the Public’s Favorite, and Badbird’s favorite. The prizes will be the same for everyone.
12. Winners will receive a choice of one of my prints and will be featured on my blog.
13. Public voting will begin Dec. 2 and end Dec. 7th. Anyone can vote at the Flickr group Stitched by Hand, under Discussions. The Discussion will be titled, Old School Competition Public Favorite.
14. Winners will be announced Dec. 8th, 2008.
15. Let the games begin!
69 photos | 79 members | 20 Aug 08
3 replies 52 months ago
6 replies 53 months ago
10 replies 54 months ago
35 replies 54 months ago
7 replies 54 months ago
2 replies 54 months ago
3 replies 54 months ago
0 replies 55 months ago