Kd Reinhold ADMIN June 27, 2007
I'm looking for some people who would like to be admins or moderators. It would be nice if they had some experience in running a group as I have little to none. Send me a message through Flickr Mail telling me what experience you have and why you would be an awesome admin!
Group DescriptionUnlimited posting of macro photographs of any kind. It would be nice if you would comment on some photos of your choice, however, this is not mandatory. Any type of macro technology is allowed whether lenses or other means were used.
I decided to make this group after I realized there weren't many macro groups on Flickr. Please invite all your friends to join and invite photos you think are worthy of macro fame as well!
What's a Macro?
According to Wikipedia, "Macro photography refers to close-up photography; the classical definition that the image projected on the "film plane" (i.e film or a digital sensor) is close to the same size as the subject. On 35 mm film (for example), the lens is typically optimized to focus sharply on a small area approaching the size of the film frame. Most 35mm format macro lenses achieve at least 1:2, that is to say, the image on the film is 1/2 the size of the object being photographed. Many 35mm macro lenses are 1:1, meaning the image on the film is the same size as the object being photographed. Another important distinction is that lenses designed for macro are usually at their sharpest at macro focus distances and are not quite as sharp at other focus distances."
The way I've also heard it described by a photography professor went something like this, "When the image produced by the camera is the same size or larger than the subject of the photo." Correct me if I'm wrong, that's just the way my photography professor explained it to us freshman year.
1. Make sure your photos are actually macro shots. If they are ruled by a moderator or admin as not being macro photos, they will be removed without notice.
2. While it is not mandatory to comment on photos after posting, we encourage you to do so. You want people to comment on yours, so comment on theirs to be fair.
3. Do not spam or flame on the discussion boards.
4. You may advertise your club on the discussion board in the advertising fourm and only if it is approved by a moderator or admin.
5. Please keep nudes to a bare minimum. No porn and nothing extremely graphic.
There will be a monthly contest which will have various themes depending on the mood of the admins and moderators. We will open a post on the discussion board at the beginning of the month and you will have three weeks to post the small version of your submission to the thread. Voting will take place the last week of the month and the winner will have their photo displayed on the front page of the group as well as in our blog.
Commenting and Adding Favorites Still working on this!
When commenting and adding favorites, please include this code in the comment of your photo:
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe