About Caught in the Act ~ Please Comment on 1 or 2
The idea here is to post all pictures that freeze-frame a certain act, like someone caught yawning or catching a bird as it takes off.
It can be either of people, animal or of events. What matters is the action frozen in time. If the picture had been taken a moment before or a moment after you'd have lost the action.
* Please note: This is a family oriented group - NO NUDITY WILL BE ALLOWED - Any photos of that nature will be removed from the group. Thanks! *
- Caught in the act does not mean candid camera shots
- no posed photos: the subject of your photo mustn't know s/he/they/it is being photographed.
- no photoshopped images: no photos that have been visibly and widely enhanced, distorted, or modified with photoshop or any other graphic program will be accepted. (Of course, this does not apply to small enhancing or touch-ups to improve the quality of a picture - ie sharpening, adjusting contrast, colour balancing etc)
- the picture must portray a moment in action... something while it's taking place, like a "seize the day" or carpe diem sort of philosophy. It has to show something while its happening, caught right in the middle of the action.
A photo of someone sun tanning, for example, isn't a spur of the moment "caught in the act" photo. Sun tanning is a prolonged action. It's something that takes place over a certain period of time. A photo of someone walking isn't either, for the same reasons.
Here we're looking for brief encounters, quick movements, spur of the moment capturing of events. For example, someone caught kissing, a bird captured while in flight, a drop of water falling from the tap, a ball bouncing off a wall, a skateboarder in mid-air as he jumps off a railing.
- Please add the tag "caught in the act" to your photo, thanks!
When commenting on photos in the group pool or posting in the photo description box, please copy this html code:
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/caughtintheact/"><img src="http://flagrantdisregard.com/flickr/profilewidget/group/random/000000/ffffff/20969388@N00.jpg" border="0"></a>
which will look like this:
If you see photos you think should belong to the group, then use the following code to invite them to the group:
Hey this shot is cool!<br>
We'd love it if you'd consider<br>
posting it in the group<br>
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/caughtintheact/">Caught in the Act</a>
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/caughtintheact/"><img src="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/194/458829990_f59106a3c2_s.jpg" border="0"></a>
which will look like this:
Hey this shot is cool!
We'd love it if you'd consider
posting it in the group
Caught in the Act
Here are some of the latest submissions, perfect "caught in the act" examples:
~ Featured shots ~
Go out there, capture a moment and have fun!
Spread the word!! And invite all your friends!
This is a public group.
- View the group rules.
Members can post 2 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Accepted safety levels: