About Street Photography: The Suchness of Life
***THIS GROUP'S POOL WILL BE PICKED THROUGH WITH GREAT SCRUTINY.***
DO NOT TAKE A PHOTO DELETION PERSONALLY OR AS A JUDGEMENT THAT YOUR PHOTO IS "BAD."
WE HAVE STRICT REQUIREMENTS ON THE STYLE & COMPOSITION OF THE PHOTO***"
This is a group dedicated to quality street photographs with impact which, through immediacy or a slow flowering, reveal the suchness of life within the context of the subjects' surroundings.
SEVEN IMPORTANT GUIDELINES
1. Has to be candid and involve people in frame in some way
2. Don't post telephoto shots unless you are prepared to have the photo deleted
3. Post a unique moment, not something which could have occurred any old time. No random images of people just walking, there has to be an action or situation involved
4. The more technically and compositionally astute the image, the better
5. The admin are always right
6. Sometimes a photo is so graced with gravitas, wonder, frisson, or awesomeness that even though it breaks all the rules of the group, we would rather it stayed. If you think you have a street photo like that, post it, but don't be surprised if it doesn't make the cut.
7. Do NOT obnoxiously repost photos that have been deleted from the pool. We understand that occasionally one might forget they had posted something to the pool cue, but swamping the cue time and again with rejected submissions will NOT get your photo in. Repeat offenders will be kicked from the group.
This is a public group.
Members can post 3 things to the pool each day.
- Accepted media types:
- Accepted content types:
- Photos / Videos
- Screenshots / Screencasts
- Illustration/Art / Animation/CGI
- Accepted safety levels: